Nobody will be able to resist freshly-baked cobbler slathered in a homemade blueberry sauce!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pint blueberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In bowl, combine blueberries, EAGLE BRAND® and zest.
In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture. Spread in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over cobbler.
Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Blueberry Sauce. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Blueberry Sauce: In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add water. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in blueberries; cook and stir until hot.