A super tasty bean salad that can almost double as a main course. A three bean medley of red kidney, pinto, and garbanzo beans, tossed with red bell pepper, marinated artichoke hearts, and feta cheese. Served chilled after marinating for only an hour in a
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
In a large bowl, toss red bell pepper, onion, and artichokes together with kidney, pinto, and garbanzo beans. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk salt and sugar with white and balsamic vinegars until completely dissolved. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Adjust seasoning as desired.
Pour dressing over bean mixture, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Serve chilled.