Bite-size balls of fresh mozzarella, known as bocconcini make up this great salad. If possible, seek out mozzarella di bufala, made from water buffalo's milk; a specialty of central and southern Italy, it is a softer, creamier mozzarella than that made f
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Belgian endive leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped arugula, stems included
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
In a large salad bowl, combine the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, celery, endive and arugula.
Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil; pour over the salad and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss until all the ingredients are thoroughly coated with the dressing. Sprinkle the basil over the salad and serve immediately.