Crescent roll pastries are filled with a delectable blend of chicken, cream cheese, sesame seeds and herbs. Ideal for a special lunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, chicken, sesame seeds, parsley and onion. Mix well.
Open package of crescent rolls. DO NOT divide them into triangles as you usually would! Keep every 2 triangles together, forming 4 squares. Pinch the 'seam' in the middle of each square closed and pat each one out into a larger square. Put a spoonful of the chicken mixture in the center of each square. Fold the corners up into the center, layering like flower petals so that the roll is kind of sealed. Repeat with all 4 squares.
Place popovers on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown.