Vegetarian ground beef crumbles, kidney beans, onion, celery, bell pepper and a host of spices are simmered in a slow cooker to create this hearty, began chili.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian burger crumbles
- 3 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot water
In a slow cooker combine vegetarian crumbles, kidney beans, onion, celery, bell pepper, bay leaves, chili powder, molasses, bouillon, cilantro, hot sauce, salt, pepper and 1 cup water. Cook on high for 3 hours.
Dissolve flour in 1 cup hot water. Pour into chili and cook 1 more hour.