A Jamaican cake loaded with fresh ginger and baked in a 9 inch Bundt pan.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the grated ginger root and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar before serving.