Chicken breasts baked with creamy soups, mozzarella cheese, butter and bourbon whiskey in a simplified version of this New Orleans favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and cheese and mix together. Pour mixture over chicken, then pour melted butter over top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour bourbon over all.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until browned and bubbly.