A classy version of tuna casserole. A creamy pesto sauce with spinach, bow tie pasta and tuna. Serve with warm French bread and wine for an elegant 'hot dish.'
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package creamy pesto sauce mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a saucepan, melt the margarine over medium/high heat. Add milk and pesto sauce mix; bring to a boil stirring constantly with a wire whisk until well blended and boiling. Reduce heat and add spinach and mushrooms. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cooked pasta, tuna and tomatoes, stirring gently to coat. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.