Easy and delicious, this full-flavored sauce features prosciutto sauteed with onion and white wine. Fresh tomatoes and peas round out the quickly simmered sauce to serve with farfalle pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 1/4 pound sliced prosciutto
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook farfalle until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute onion in butter or margarine until soft and tender. Add prosciutto and saute with onion 2 minutes. Add dry white wine and let simmer for 2 additional minutes. Add thawed tomatoes, peas, and ground black pepper; stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl toss drained farfalle pasta with prosciutto mixture. Serve warm.