Thinly pounded round steak rolled with bacon, parmesan, garlic and parsley, browned and braised in your favorite spaghetti sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Using a glancing motion, pound round steak to 1/2 inch with a moistened mallet or the side of a cleaver. Rub with garlic and sprinkle with cheese and parsley, leaving a small border around the edges. Place bacon pieces evenly over steak and season with salt and pepper. Roll up from the narrow end, and tie tightly with twine.
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown roll on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes a side. Pour in spaghetti sauce, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 60 to 90 minutes, until tender.