Shrimp are cooked with brandy, white wine, garlic and fresh basil in a butter-olive oil sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry fettuccini noodles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp until pink. Stir in green onions, garlic and brandy. Carefully ignite brandy with a match, or the gas flame. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in wine and butter, and season with basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. Toss with pasta until evenly coated.