Using leftover brats hurries along the preparation of this satisfying stew.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 3/4 inch slices
In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the cabbage; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in beans and bratwurst; heat through.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.