A hearty and colorful 'pizza' made with crescent rolls, sausage, vegetables and cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking dish with crescent rolls. Cover rolls with sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over crust. Bake for another 7 to 9 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.