This delicious egg, cheese and sausage casserole is prepared the night before. Placed in the oven early on a weekend morning; the whole family can wake up to this special treat!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ground black pepper to taste
GREASE 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.