A delicious combination of cooked ground beef or turkey with kidney beans, Cheddar cheese, olives and salsa, finished with crispy corn chips and Thousand Island dressing. For busy occasions, mix salad ingredients a day ahead of time, and toss in corn chip
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 8 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 ounces black olives, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thousand island salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey (optional)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips, such as Fritos® or tortilla chips
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onions, stirring to break up the chunks of meat, until nicely browned on the outside and no trace of pink remains, 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, combine Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw, kidney beans, Cheddar cheese, tomato and olives tossing to mix well. Add salsa, tossing again to coat. (Salad can be made up to this point 24 hours in advance, cover, and refrigerate.) Add meat and onions; toss well. Add salad dressing and chips; toss well to mix.