A shortcut sauce of cream of mushroom soup with Parmesan and milk over chicken and broccoli.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup fresh chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, adding broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
Cut chicken breast meat into bite size pieces, trimming any fat off in the process. In a large skillet melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until well browned. Add soup, milk and cheese and stir all together. Add pasta/broccoli mixture and heat through. Serve hot.