Refrigerated crescent rolls speed up the preparation of these chicken, vegetable and cheese pastries. Suitable for appetizers or as a main course.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, onions, bell pepper, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix all together.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a glass upside down in the center of the cookie sheet. Roll out crescent rolls around the base of the glass, with pointy ends away from the glass; when you're finished, the arrangement will look like the sun. Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the thick part of each crescent roll. Fold the pointy end of each roll over the top of the mixture and tuck in the middle. Remove glass from cookie sheet. Arrangement of rolls will now look like a fluted tube cake.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.