Broccoli lasagna with ricotta and mozzarella in a white sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and nutmeg. Stirring continuously, pour in milk, a little at a time, allowing mixture to thicken. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in parsley. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, broccoli, Parmesan, 1 cup of mozzarella and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until well blended.
In a 7x11 inch baking dish layer: 1/4 cup white sauce; 3 noodles; one-third of remaining white sauce; half the broccoli mixture; 3 more noodles; half remaining white sauce; remaining broccoli mixture; 3 noodles; remaining white sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.