Broccoli, potatoes, cheese and herbs are baked between 2 pizza crusts, and served with warm pizza sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds potatoes, sliced
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust doughs
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes; drain.
In a large bowl combine potatoes, broccoli, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley. On a pizza pan or baking sheet, roll out 1 pizza dough. Top with potato mixture and cover with second pizza dough; with moistened fingers seal edges of dough together.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.