Excellent for a potluck, company dish, or just a heart-warming family dinner. This casserole is a delicious blend of cheese, potatoes, and broccoli.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk and stir until bubbly. Add cheese, and stir until all of the cheese is melted. Stir in potatoes and heat thoroughly.
Pour half of the mixture into a 10x6 inch baking dish.
Cook broccoli according to package instructions; drain well. Layer broccoli over the potatoes in the baking dish. Pour the remaining potato mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter over the top of the casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes; or until bubbly and browned lightly.