Scrumptious broccoli bites baked into a tender dough with mushrooms, cheese, and Gorton's Original Battered Tenders.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 10 Gorton's® Original Batter Tenders
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
Combine baking mix with water and Parmesan cheese until soft dough forms. Pat dough into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch-baking dish with floured hands, pressing dough 1/2 inch up sides. Layer a box of frozen Tenders over dough, sprinkle with broccoli.
Mix eggs, milk, remaining cheddar cheese, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.