Left over turkey is combined with rice, broccoli and Cheddar cheese, and topped with a buttery cracker crust.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) package whole wheat crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine turkey, broccoli, cheese and cooked rice.
In a small bowl combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Spread over rice mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crackers are crispy.