Hot and spicy crowd pleaser!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package cavatelli pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a skillet, fry sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain, and reserve.
In the same skillet, cook garlic in olive oil until golden.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until done; drain. Three minutes before the end of the cooking time, add broccoli; drain with pasta.
In a large serving bowl, toss together the sausage, olive oil and garlic, cavatelli and broccoli, and Parmesan. Season with red pepper flakes.