A no-cook ice cream made with brown sugar, half-and-half and condensed milk; flavored with maple; and flecked with nugget cereal.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups wheat and barley nugget cereal (e.g. Grapenuts TM)
- 3 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon maple flavored extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Place cereal in a bowl and pour in enough milk to cover (1/2 to 1 cup); set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, condensed milk, half-and-half, maple flavor and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Place in freezer canister of ice cream maker. Stir in enough milk to reach fill line.
Freeze according to manufacturers' directions. When ice cream begins to solidify, add cereal mixture before freezing completely.
Get out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet success with homemade ice cream.