Cream of asparagus soup provides a hearty, flavorful base for this satisfyingly cheesy casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 10 3/4 fluid ounces milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
In a large bowl, mix the soup, milk, water, chicken, rice, green beans, Cheddar cheese, onion, and garlic. Season with parsley, basil, dill, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until rice is tender. If water is absorbed too quickly, add more as needed.