This is an alternative to the classic recipe that calls for Powdered Sugar. My Husband and I use it to frost Fruit Cocktail Cake. Try it on Applesauce, Spice, Banana or Carrot Cake, too.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
Melt butter and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer. When mixture starts to stiffen, stop mixer and add honey.
Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Do not over mix, or it will collapse.
Spread immediately and store cake in refrigerator.