If you like different and spicy food, this is for you. It is quick and very filling. Actually, the cayenne gives it a kick and neat flavor. You can make it as spicy as you like...or not at all. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 quart water
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (29 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
In a medium pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
Cut the kielbasa slices in half, and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, until heated through, and season with cayenne pepper, garlic salt, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Mix in the vegetables and butter. Cover, and continue cooking about 10 minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.