This is a festive taco style salad that I have made at every family gathering, due to all the requests I get for it. Serve it as a side, or as a meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package corn tortilla chips, broken
- 2 (12 ounce) jars creamy Ranch salad dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 pounds ground beef
As you tear and chop the lettuce, onion, and tomatoes, place them into a large container. I always use a clean bucket, hence the name, and it is full when the salad is completed. Crumble in the tortilla chips, and add the cheese. Stir in the two jars of Ranch dressing, and the salsa. Mix well. Set aside.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring and crumbling as it cooks. Drain off grease. Stir the beef into the salad just before serving.