A homemade lower fat dip accompanies these Buffalo-braised chicken strips. Delicious and less unhealthy Buffalo chicken strips than served in many restaurants. Easy!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
To Make Dip: In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise and bleu cheese. Stir in green onion and pepper; cover and refrigerate.
To Make Strips: Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and sautee over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add butter and hot pepper sauce to skillet and swirl until the butter melts and the sauce coats the chicken.
Serve hot chicken with refrigerated dip mix.