A chocolate cookie crust is topped with ice cream, peanuts and fudge sauce before being frozen in this comforting, sweet dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
Combined crushed cookies and melted margarine and press into a 9x13 inch dish. Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine confectioners' sugar, evaporated milk, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup margarine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool.
Slice vanilla ice cream into 3/4 inch slices, and place them in a single layer over the chilled crust. Smooth the seams. Sprinkle the peanuts over the ice cream. Top with the cooled chocolate sauce. Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.