The sauce is sweet, hot and wonderful!! Great on poultry, pork, or beef.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and saute until they are transparent. Stir in the garlic, wine vinegar, chili sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Season with Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, pepper, hot pepper sauce, and habanero pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the bourbon, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.