Old time almond cookies.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the well beaten egg, almonds, sugar, brandy, spices and flour. Mix until mixture is well combined.
On a lightly floured surface roll the mixture to 1/4 inch thick and cut with round cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.