These bar cookies are a great replacement to the classic brownie! Try using grated orange zest in the place of the vanilla for a citrusy twist!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in small bowl.
Beat butter or margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. Spread dough into greased 15 x 10 inch pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until very lightly browned.