A can of pork and beans in tomato sauce is added to this vegetable stew cooked in a chicken stock base.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
Heat oil in medium size saucepan. Add potatoes, celery, and onion, saute for 5 minutes.
Stir in cabbage, cover and cook over medium heat, until cabbage is tender.
Add broth, bay leaf, pepper and pork and beans. Heat until soup is hot and then remove bay leaf and serve.