Browned ground beef and onion, combined with ranch-style beans, cabbage and stewed tomatoes. Seasoned with cumin and garlic then slow-cooked all day.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat.
Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in crock pot. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepperr to taste.
Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.