Chicken, shrimp, crawfish, andouille sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion come together into a rice-based dish that no one can resist!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 (8 ounce) packages dirty rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 2 pounds whole cooked crawfish, peeled
- 3/4 medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Heat oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium high heat. Sear chicken on all sides until browned. Stir in dirty rice mix and water. Stir in crawfish, shrimp, sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Bring mixture to a boil, and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, and moisture is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.