A spicy shrimp, tomato, and spinach sauce tops interesting orecchiette ('little ears') pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 cup baby spinach
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette pasta, and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, until almost al dente; drain.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots, garlic, and green onion. Season with Cajun seasoning and pepper, and cook about 2 minutes. Mix in wine, tomatoes, and shrimp. Continue to cook and stir until shrimp are opaque. Mix in the pasta and spinach, cover, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until pasta is al dente and spinach has wilted.