Tired of the same old baked sweet potato? Great for picnics and barbecues, these sweet potatoes are seasoned with a homemade herb and spice mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a small bowl, stir together paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush each half with olive oil. Rub the seasoning mix over the cut surface of each half. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, or in a shallow pan.
Bake in preheated oven until tender, or about 1 hour.