A delicious, light, spicy salad, excellent for summer cooking! A perfect side to any grilled Asian-style dishes. Wasabi paste may be used instead of the powder if it is more convenient. If you discover you have made the dressing too spicy, adjust by addin
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 cups shredded imitation crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Place rice and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Set aside to cool.
In a large serving bowl, toss together the lettuce, cucumber, avocado and imitation crabmeat. Stir in cooled rice. In a small bowl, stir together the wasabi powder, mayonnaise, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Toss salad with dressing (recommended), or serve with dressing on the side.