This fresh spinach salad includes avocados, olives, red onions and oranges.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds spinach, rinsed
- 5 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and quartered
In small saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar and tarragon to a boil; set aside to cool.
Whisk together the vinegar and mustard, then gradually add oil, beating until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Place spinach in large mixing bowl. In medium bowl, generously drizzle lemon juice over avocado cubes before tossing in salad to prevent browning and to enhance flavor. Gently mix avocados, olives, onions and oranges into spinach.
Pour in salad dressing and toss evenly to coat.