Tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and jicama, are all tossed with a lemon vinaigrette for wonderful, fresh, full flavor. Beautiful, delicious, and a little bit different, it is very easy to prepare, and is sure to be a family favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, jicama, bell pepper, and red onion. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley, and mix thoroughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cold, or at room temperature.