The transportability of the variety of canned vegetables used in this easy soup with cabbage and beef is what makes this an ideal recipe for a camping trip.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) can asparagus
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Put all the ingredients in a large soup pot. Do not drain the liquid from the vegetables. Cook until the cabbage is tender. Makes about 2 gallons of soup.