My grandmother gave me this recipe earlier today. I am not crazy about Apples, but loved this salad. I told my husband to hurry up and eat it before I eat too much. My grandmother told me it is like the candy apples at a fair, which I also am not crazy ab
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 cups Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the egg, flour, sugar, vinegar and pineapple. Cook until thick, about 6 minutes. Set aside until completely cool.
In a large serving bowl, fold together the pineapple mixture and whipped topping. Carefully mix in the apples and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on the top.