Use your favorite type of candy bars to make these sweet peanut butter and oat treats.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 4 cups chopped candy bars (such as chocolate-coated caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts, chocolate-covered crisp wafers, chocolate-covered caramel-topped cookie bars, or chocolate-covered peanut butter cups)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter; add brown sugar and baking soda and beat well. Stir in flour and oats. Set aside 1 3/4 cups of the peanut butter mixture.
Stir egg into remaining peanut butter mixture in bowl; pat into a 15x10-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
Spread EAGLE BRAND® over the crust. Stir together reserved peanut butter mixture and chopped candy bars; sprinkle over all.
Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut. Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperatures.