A great Christmas treat! Ahhh, peppermint and chocolate! A winning combination! Try them and you'll be baking them every Christmas!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and peppermint extracts. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until all of the dry has been absorbed. Mix in the chocolate chunks and chopped candy cane. Form spoonfuls of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.