A delicious chilled salad of white kidney (cannellini) beans and shrimp with a zesty herbed dressing. This may be eaten immediately, but is best when left refrigerated several hours, or overnight.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3/4 pound cooked tiny shrimp
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, cilantro, basil, and tarragon until well blended. You may adjust these seasonings to your personal preference.
In a separate bowl, toss together the beans, tomato, onion, and shrimp. Pour dressing over salad, and toss again to coat.
Cover and refrigerate several hours, or overnight, to develop flavors.