Great, round and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 12 cannoli shells
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 maraschino cherries
In a large bowl, stir ricotta cheese with 1 cup confectioners sugar until combined. Add almonds, chocolate chips and almond liqueur.
Carefully spoon into cannoli shells (or pipe from a pastry bag), filling from the center out.
Sprinkle individual serving plates with powdered sugar and cocoa, or sprinkle on cannoli. Garnish plates with cherries.
Note: 1/8 teaspoon almond extract mixed with 1 tablespoon water can be substituted for the almond liqueur.