A light pie with lots of cannoli flavor. A big success at holiday parties. More or less cherries, almonds or chips maybe used according to taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
In a medium bowl, use a spoon to stir together the confectioners' sugar and ricotta cheese until well blended. Fold in the almonds, cherries, and chocolate chips. Spoon into the graham cracker crust. Freeze for 3 hours to set. Remove from the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Refreeze any leftovers.