A delicious pie made with fresh cantaloupe and peach gelatin. Serve for a refreshing dessert on a warm summer evening!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 (6 ounce) package peach flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cantaloupe
Prepare gelatin according to directions on package. Allow to cool until the consistency of thick syrup.
In a small mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in confectioners' sugar, then beat in whipped topping. Spread mixture into bottom of pastry shell.
Stir cantaloupe into gelatin, then pour mixture over cream cheese layer in pastry shell. Chill until thoroughly set.