This is a wonderful twist on a standard fruit salad. Fresh cantaloupe, bananas, and grapes are all tossed with crispy cooked bacon, green onion, and poppy seed salad dressing. Easy!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 bananas, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss bananas in the lemon juice. Mix in the cantaloupe and grapes. Just prior to serving, toss with the poppy seed dressing. Garnish with bacon and green onions, and serve.